Harvesting sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds are the fruit of the gorgeous, bright yellow coloured sunflower. The seeds are greyish-green or black embedded in tear-shaped grey or black shells. The seeds, being high in oil content are the most sources to supply sunflower-seed oil. Shelled seeds have a mild nutty taste, but tender texture.
Sunflower seeds are classified into three varieties supported by their levels of monounsaturated, saturated and fat content: linoleic, high oleic and Nuun. The seeds also are classified by the pattern of their husks. Solid black colour husked seeds are called black oil seeds. The crops could also be called oilseed sunflower crops. Oilseed crops are usually wont to extract the oil content. The striped edible seed is wont to for food and is popularly called confectionery sunflower seeds.
Most commonly consumed as a snack, seeds also can be used as garnishes or ingredients to be added in various recipes. Greyish green or black have a nutty flavour, tender texture and high oil content. they’re sold shelled or unshelled and may be eaten alone as a snack. they’re also added to a spread of dishes for a singular taste, texture and its nutritional benefits.
In-shell Sunflower is used all across the planet but are hottest in Mediterranean and Asian countries. they’re most popularly consumed in a roasted form and also packed in various roasted flavours. Sunflower seeds are often added to bread and other food. they’re often used for feeding birds and pets.
1. Sunflower seeds are an upscale source of nutrients, fibres and healthy fats.
2. The seeds are a superb source of vitamin E, preventing cardiovascular diseases.
3. Phytosterol, a compound found to reduce the cholesterol level.
4. The high magnesium content reduces asthma and prevents migraine headache.
5. sunflower-seed oil is high in vitamin E and low in saturated fat content. It makes the oil a superb option for heart patients.
6. it’s good for the guts, nerves, muscles, blood vessels and has anti-inflammatory properties.
7. It also promotes good bone health and proper digestion.